Tandem is now recruiting a MARKETING COORDINATOR and FACILITATORS for Spring 2017!
Looking for a Paid Marketing Position? Apply to be a Marketing Coordinator at Tandem Language Café! We’re accepting rolling applications by Wednesday, Feb 2nd. Please send your resume and a brief statement of interest to email@example.com.
Join our dynamic, growing network of 600+ language and cultural enthusiasts! Ideally, you are
- Committed to 2 hours per week
- Proactive, creative, and a go-getter!
- A whiz at written and oral communications
- Social media savvy
- Experienced in marketing for campus initiatives
- Video and photo experience are considered a plus!
Facilitators play a crucial role in Tandem’s success! Each facilitator oversees one Tandem session each week, helping with implementation of the curriculum and fostering the community of Tandem learners. To apply, fill out the application here and send your CV/resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, Feb 2nd.
• Gain amazing experience in a less traditional foreign language learning methodology (i.e. outside the classroom)
• Develop relationships and receive support from the Tandem team of Facilitators and Coordinators, as well as become part of a community of interesting, enthusiastic and learning-oriented people – part of a unique program at Yale
• Improve classroom and event management skills
• Contribute to the Tandem Handbook
• Receive certificate upon the conclusion of the semester and letters of reference from Tandem Coordinators
• Attend the mandatory Facilitator training dinner
• Attend and facilitate a weekly 1.5 minute tandem session at Yale F&ES, OISS, or Yale SOM (plus 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after the session for set up and clean up) for 8 weeks. The time and location of your session will be determined based on your schedule!
• Use the Tandem Handbook materials to prepare and guide the session activities. Promote and explain the Tandem goals of autonomy and reciprocity throughout the weekly sessions
• Keep attendance lists and contact absent participants
• Ensure partner-to-partner interactions are running smoothly and that conflicts are resolved in a timely manner
• Collect feedback from participants
• Be flexible and available to support independent partners upon request
• Help coordinate Tandem community events
• Maintain communication with the Program Directors and Coordinators and contribute to enhancing and expanding the Tandem Language Café program
• US work authorization required
• This position is open to Yale affiliates (undergrads, grads, spouses/partners, staff, faculty)
• Working English proficiency
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with enthusiasm for interacting with Tandem participants
• Punctuality and organizational skills
• Experience in working with diverse backgrounds and an interest in different languages and cultures
• Interest in teaching and in second-language acquisition an asset
• Good sense of humor and willingness to have fun 🙂